Thursday, December 30, 2010

Winning myself


Forward, onwards I go, rushing for the finish line,
All I thought about was the goal that will define who I am,
The rat race was hard I pushed myself, in every way I pushed myself
Little did I know I was pushing myself to a deadly cliff...
Did you see my reflection, how I drowned myself with food,
 And I thought it was passion, but it was deeper than the ocean to really see what lies underneath,
I was angry, I was broken, I was a lot of ugly things and yet I appeared fine I manage to smile,
But inside I was fighting myself, a battle that I never knew existed,
I found myself in a hospital bed bleeding and fighting for life,
Alone in a cold room surrounded with white walls with an empty heart,
I journeyed to another place seeking challenge not knowing I have not yet conquered the challenge within,
I found friendly faces but found hostility as well, as I journey my health failed me so I had to return home,
But home was not to be found, home was a place where love is,
I wallowed as I waited thinking why my plans was not materializing,
I was battling my thoughts, my anger, my anxiety, my brokenness,
Then I realized the opportunity that God has given me,
“He told my heart, my child stop and rest for a while take time to heal, learn the value of patience once you have mastered it then you can sail into any seas”
So I sat in a corner watching the trees dance, watching the birds fly, I took heart the peace and joy God has given....I’m still waiting but with joy in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment