Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Beggar


An old woman sat in a dirty corner with a bandana on her head,
Her arms widely stretched and her palm open wide,
She looked at me with her puppy eyes,
I wanted to hold her and dance with her like there are no pains in this world,
Wash away her sorrows as the sun shines on her shoulders, 
I wanted to sing to her to clear her worried skies,
But to her I am but a stranger who cannot offer her a home,
So I dropped a bill less than what I can afford, and told her to you this 
bill maybe the world,
To me it’s a simple offering to see you smile, a smile that I lost years ago,
Today I may have saved you from hunger, but you have no idea how you have saved me,
 By reminding me how beautiful it is to smile for you resembled my late mother..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment