Monday, January 3, 2011

Regrets

 
 
 
 
 
REGRETS
 
By: Bertha
 
I remember my love telling me,
He was afraid he would miss out on love the moment he met me that’s why he pursued me,
He was afraid of being alone that’s why he stayed with me,
He was afraid that he would break my heart if he cheated that’s why he was loyal to me,
He was afraid he would regret it for the rest of his life if he did not marry me so he proposed to me,

So I held his right hand and touched his face,
The first time I met you I firmly believed you were the one for me,
Then as time goes by my heart knew that you were my soul mate that’s why I stayed with you,

And I never cheated because I chose to be loyal to you,
And when I married you never a second in that moment when I was standing at the altar was I afraid of anything that would stand in the way of my vows because I choose you to be my partner till I cease to exist, so I never knew what fear was....
For or me REGRET always have been a six letter word, nothing but a useless verb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment